Foobar2000 is a versatile, modular and super cool media player. This article will show you how you can use VST plugins with foobar2000.
Follow this simple guide or watch the video tutorial.
- Download and install foobar2000.
- Download the Foobar2000 VST 2.4 adapter (plugin)
- Download the Kjaerhus Audio VST pack (below)
- Open foobar2000. Click on “file” and then “preferences”. Drag and drop the downloaded zip file (foo_vst_0903.zip) in the components list. Click apply and restart foobar2000.
- Extract the contents of the Kjaerhus Audio VSTs.
- Click on “File” -> “Preferences” -> “VST Plugins”. Click on the “Add…” button. Double click one of the *.dll files in the Kaerhus Audio folder.
- To view the VST window go to “Files” -> “Preferences” and under “Playback” you can see a tab called “DSP Manager”. In the right list double click on the plugin you added (for example GEQ-7). Click on the “Configure selected” button to bring up the VST window.
Please remember that this will only work with 32 bit plugins and VST versions below 3.Kjaerhus Audio VSTs (10.5 MB)