This video has no sound unfortunately so please use the guide below.
If you have relocated your Maschine 2 factory library Maschine 2 will not be able to locate the content anymore. This can happen if you have reinstalled Windows, moved the files to an external hard drive or similar. All you need to do is to find out where you have stored the factory library and point Maschine 2 to that directory with a registry file. If you have no projects in the sidebar and the factory library is not listed in the preferences Maschine is not able to find the factory library. Follow the guide below to fix the problem.
- Download the zip file with the registry file
- Open the registry file in a text editor
- Find the location on your hard drive where you have stored the Maschine Factory Library
- Edit the registry file by replacing Z:\\Installation Dependent Libraries\\Native Instruments\\Maschine 2 Library\\ with the directory where you have stored the factory library. Remember to use double backslashes
- Save the file (as *.reg file)
- Open the registry file by double clicking on it and click on yes in the warning message.
- Run Maschine 2 again and voilà, the factory library is back again!
If you for some reason cannot download the file you can copy-paste the code below and save it as a *.reg file.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Maschine 2 Factory Library] "ContentVersion"="1.1" "ContentDir"="Z:\\Installation Dependent Libraries\\Native Instruments\\Maschine 2 Library\\"